Listing your local business on Google, Yahoo and Bing can help you rise to the top in local searches. When using search engines, a majority of the time the first results one will see are the local results. This why its a good idea to add your business to Google, Yahoo, and Bing’s local listings. It’s an easy process to set up your local business with each of the major search engines local search sites.
Listing your local business in Google Local
When a user types in a search phrase and location a Google Map will pop up along with the top local businesses in that area. Each result will have a marker that corresponds with the Google Map making it convenient for the user to utilize. Adding your business to this list will help provide you with more visibility to your business, bring more traffic to your site and will get you on the map.
Submitting your local business to Google:
1. Go to Google Places for Business
2. Create an account or sign in with an already existing account.
3. Follow the onscreen steps. You will be adding information about your business.
4. A small tip is to list your business in at least 5 categories of service.
5. You will need to verify your listing. Google gives you the option to verify by phone or by mail. You will receive a PIN either by phone or by mail which will complete the submission process.
Listing your local business in Yahoo! Local
Submitting your local business to Yahoo! Local:
1. Go to Yahoo’s Local Business Center
2. Create a Yahoo account or sign in with an already existing account.
3. Follow the onscreen steps.
4. Yahoo will review your information. Check back in a few days to see if your business comes up in a Yahoo local search.
Listing your local business in Bing
Bing as well has a similar setup to Google and Yahoo.
Submitting your local business to Bing Local:
1. Go to Bing’s Local Listing Center
2. Follow the onscreen steps. You will get to a point where they want you to log in. You’ll either need to create an account or use your existing account.
3. Once you’ve entered all your information, Bing as a verification process also. They will send you a letter in the mail for verification purposes.
When submitting your local business to Google, Yahoo, and Bing give it some time for your business to show up in the searches. Check back from time to time and see if your business comes up in each of the local searches.